Sanjay Gandhi Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Gandhi
|Real Name||Sanjay Gandhi|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• Sanjay got linked to the politics when he was in his 20s.
• He became the leader of Indian Youth Congress in the mid-1970s.
• He was elected as an MP from Amethi constituency in January 1980 and served as one till the day he died in June that year.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 69 kg
in Pounds- 152 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Age (as on 23 June 1980)||33 Years|
|Date of Birth||14 December 1946|
|Place of Birth||New Delhi, British India|
|Date of Death||23 June 1980|
|Cause of Death||Air Crash near Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi|
|Place of Death||New Delhi, India|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Family|| Father- Late Feroze Gandhi (Former Indian Politician)
Mother- Late Indira Gandhi (Former Indian Politician)
Feroze Gandhi and Indira Gandhi
Brother- Late Rajiv Gandhi (Former Indian Politician & trained Pilot)
|Hometown||New Delhi, British India|
|Educational Qualifications||Automotive Engineer & Trained Pilot|
|School||Welham Boys' School, Dehradun
The Doon School, Dehradun
|Debut||With luck going against him in almost every field he tried to set his foot, Sanjay in his 20s decided to throw his hat in the political world. He initially did not get any position in the INC, nor did he hold any office, but because of his political dynasty, he was named the leader of Indian Youth Congress in the mid-1970s.|
|Major Controversies||• In 1971, Indira Gandhi-led government proposed to manufacture an indigenous car that middle-class Indians could afford. It was named as People's Car. In June that year, an automotive company named Maruti Limited was incorporated under the Companies Act. Sanjay Gandhi was named the Managing Director of the firm which was widely criticised because he had no prior experience in the field but all of the heat froze after Bangladesh Liberation War 1971.
• Sanjay became influential during the Emergency period and grew himself as Indira's advisor. He had got the total control of his mother and so he virtually ran India along with his friends, especially Bansi Lal. All through those 21 months, he was the one who provoked the compulsory sterilisations, a good intention but worst execution for the nation.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Married when died|
|Wife||Maneka Gandhi, Indian Politician (m.1974- 1980)|
|Children||Son- Varun Gandhi
Sanjay Gandhi's son Varun Gandhi
- Did Sanjay Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Did Sanjay Gandhi drink liquor: Not Known
- Sanjay dependably had a weakness for sports autos and planes.
- He didn’t go to any school yet took car as his profession field. He experienced an apprenticeship with Rolls-Royce in Crewe, England.
- Far from governmental issues, he prepared himself as a pilot however stayed near her mom.
- Sanjay wedded a young lady who was 10 years more youthful than him.
- At the point when “Kissa Kursi Ka,” a mocking movie satirizing Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, coordinated by Amrit Nahata in 1975, was sent to blue pencil board for confirmation, it was exchanged to a seven-part overhauling panel and was additionally sent to the administration. 51 complaints were guaranteed by the administration in the film. Accordingly, the executive said the characters are fanciful and that it isn’t to hurt anybody’s notions. Obviously, every one of the prints and the ace print of the film were scorched in Maruti’s production line in Gurgaon. An advisory group set up by the Indian government in 1997 discovered Sanjay Gandhi alongside V. C. Shukla, the then Information and Broadcasting Minister, liable of consuming the same. In February 1979, Sanjay and Shukla were condemned one month and two years detainment individually and were denied safeguard. Be that as it may, the decision was later upset.
- He was about completed when an obscure shooter let go at his auto close south-east Delhi while he was battling for races in March 1977.
- In June 1980, when he was flying another flying machine of Delhi Flying Club, he lost control of it while endeavoring a move which ended his life.
- Sanjay was relied upon to succeed his mom as the head of Indian National Congress, yet his initial demise in a deadly plane crash brought about his sibling turning into the future beneficiary of the gathering.
- Not long after Sanjay’s demise, Maneka Gandhi, his 23-year-old dowager, and his child Varun who was scarcely 1 were removed from the Prime Minister house. Maneka later began her own political gathering called Sanjay Vichar Manch and furthermore served in various non-Congress restriction governments. She and her child later settled in Bhartiya Janata Party.