Ram Nath Kovind Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Nath Kovind
|Profession||Indian Politician, Advocate|
|Real Name||Ram Nath Kovind
|Political Journey||1991: He entered politics by joining BJP and contested the Lok Sabha election from Ghatampur constituency in Kanpur Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh, but lost. Later, he also contested an assembly election from Bhognipur constituency in Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh and lost again.
1994: Elected as Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh.
2000: Re-elected as Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh.
2015: Appointed as the Governor of Bihar by the President of India.
Ram Nath Kovind as Governer of Bihar
2017: On 20 June 2017, he resigned from the post of Governor of Bihar after his name was announced by the NDA as their nominee for the Presidential Election.
2017: On 25 July 2017, he took the oath as the 14th President of India.
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Hair Colour||White (Semi-bald)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Age (as in 2016)||71 Years|
|Date of Birth||1 October 1945|
|Birth Place||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (Koli - a weaver community)|
|Hometown||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Family||Father- Maiku Lal (Businessman, Vaidya or Practitioner of Ayurveda)
|Address||Raj Bhavan, Patna, Pin-800022, Bihar|
|College||Kanpur University, Kanpur|
|Favourite Leaders||Mahatma Gandhi, B.R. Ambedkar|
|Favourite Politicians||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Savita Kovind (Retired Government Employee, m.1974-present)|
|Marriage Date||30 May 1974|
|Children||Son- Prashant Kumar
|Net Worth (as in 2014)||1.4 Crore (INR)|
|Salary (as Governer of Bihar)||1,20,000 + Other allowances fixed for Governors (INR)|
- Rams Nath Kovind smoke?: Not Known
- Rams Nath Kovind drink liquor?: Not Known
- Smash Nath was destined to a working class family in Paraukh town of Kanpur Dehat, which has a greater part of Thakurs and Brahmins, with just 4 Dalit families in the town, including his family.
- His dad was a “Chaudhary of Paraukh town”, a “Vaidya” (specialist of ayurveda), a proprietor of a basic need and piece of clothing shops.
- He was a brilliant understudy who did his tutoring from Khanpur town of Kanpur Dehat. Afterward, he moved to Kanpur city to seek after Commerce and Law from Kanpur University.
- After his graduation, he began getting ready for the Civil Services examination in Delhi where he met ‘Jana Sangh’ pioneer, Hukum Chand (from Ujjain), after which he built up an enthusiasm for governmental issues.
- He began his vocation as a legal advisor and was enlisted as an Advocate in 1971 with the Bar Council of Delhi.
- From 1977 to 1979, he functioned as a Central Government Advocate in Delhi High Court. Amid this period he likewise functioned as an ‘individual right hand’ to the then Prime Minister of India, Morarji Desai.
- In 1978, he turned into an Advocate-on-Record of the Supreme Court of India.
- From 1980 to 1993, he acted as a Central Government Standing Counsel in Supreme Court.
- He honed in Delhi High Court and Supreme Court for around 16 years. Amid this period, he assumed a urgent part in giving free legitimate guide to the weaker segments of society, for example, – SC/ST, ladies, penniless and the poor under the aegis of “Free Legal Aid Society” in Delhi.
- In 1997, he joined the development of SC/ST representatives against the Central Government and in the long run prevailing with regards to getting those Government Orders, which were offensive to the SC/ST workers, invalid and void by the section of 3 Amendments to the Constitution of India amid the initial residency of the NDA government.
- Amid his residency as a Member of Parliament (MP), he worked for the change of essential framework for training in rustic territories and development of school structures in Uttar Pradesh and Uttrakhand under MPLAD Fund.
- He was Member of following essential Parliamentary Committees – Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes/Tribes, Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs, Parliamentary Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas, Parliamentary Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment, Parliamentary Committee on Law and Justice, and Chairman of Rajya Sabha House Committee.
- He was additionally an individual from the Board of Management of Dr. B.R Ambedkar University, Lucknow, and Member of Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata.
- In October 2002, he tended to the United Nations General Assembly in New York, speaking to India.
- He has additionally filled in as the national representative of BJP.
- He was the previous leader of BJP ‘Planned Castes Morcha’ and ‘All-India Koli Samaj.’
- On 8 August 2015, he succeeded Keshari Nath Tripathi as the 36th Governer of Bihar. Slam Nath Kovind as Governer of Bihar
- On 19 June 2017, BJP’s National President, Amit Shah, reported his name as NDA’s chosen one for India’s Presidential Election.
- On 20 July 2017, after the checking of votes, he developed triumphant among the competitors. He crushed his nearest equal, Meira Kumar, by securing 65% of aggregate votes surveyed.