Aga Khan IV Biography
- Also Known As His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan
- Famous as Imam of Nizari Ismailism
- Nationality British
- Religion Islam
- Born on 13 December 1936 AD
- Zodiac Sign Sagittarius
- Born in Geneva
- Father Prince Aly Khan
- Mother Joan Yarde-Buller
- Siblings Yasmin Aga Khan, Rebecca Welles, Prince Amyn.Aga Khan
- Spouses Inaara Aga Khan, Salimah Aga Khan
- Children Rahim Aga Khan, Hussain Aga Khan, Zahra Aga
- Education Harvard University, Institut Le Rosey
- Founder/Co-Founder Nation Media Group, Aga Khan Development Network, Aga Khan Foundation,
- Net worth $1 Billion as of Jan 7, 2017
Aga Khan Biography
- Aga Khan IV is a Swiss-born British business tycoon, in Addition to the 49th and Present Imam of All ‘Nizari
Ismailism’. This biography of Aga Khan IV provides detailed information regarding his youth, lifestyle,
accomplishments, timeline & works.
- Prince Shah Karim Al Hussaini Aga Khan (IV) is a Swiss-born British business tycoon, in Addition to the
49th and present Imam of all ‘Nizari Ismailism’. Founded in Switzerland and at Harvard University, he
was selected as the successor to the Imamate of this Niz?r? Ism? Sect by his own mommy, the Aga
Khan III, whom he succeeded in 1957.
- Throughout the first years of his reign, he pioneered visits to acquire the
hope of individuals of their community and emerged as a powerful leader, ordering his followers to become
citizens of those states where they dwelt, and also to depart states where they faced trouble and
- He’s also famous for his business acumen, along with his extensive private pensions comprise
resorts, airlines, and papers. Through organizations like the ‘Aga Khan Foundation’, the
imamate financed aid agencies providing health, educational, and home services in South Asia and East
Africa. He became the religious leader of the world’s Ismaili Muslims and now chairs the ‘Aga
Khan Development Network’.
- Among the world’s ten wealthiest royals, ‘His Royal Highness’ was around
the throne for over 50 decades. One of the several functions he’s undertaken during his reign, the
prominent continuing ones would be the removal of global poverty, the promotion and execution of
secular pluralism, the progress of the standing of girls, as well as the honoring of Islamic artwork and
Childhood & Early Life:
- He had been born on December 13, 1936, in Geneva, Switzerland, to Prince Aly Khan, along with his earliest
spouse, Princess Tajuddawlah Aly Khan, the eldest daughter of the 3rd Baron Churston. He’s got a
brother, Prince Amyn, and also two half-siblings out of his parents’ other unions.
- He spent his youth in Nairobi, Kenya, where he obtained his early schooling through personal
tutoring. Afterwards, he had been registered in the ‘Institut Le Rosey’ in Switzerland, the priciest
boarding school in Europe.
- He then attended Harvard University where he switched into majoring in History after flunking an engineering program.
- Back in 1957, when his grandfather passed away, he had been thrust into the job of the Aga Khan (IV).
- Two Decades after, he graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History
- After the passing of his grandfather, the Aga Khan III, he became the 49th Imam of the Nizari
Ismailis, at Age 20. Upon accepting the place, he planned to keep his grandfather’s work towards construction modern institutions to enhance the quality of life of the ‘Nizari Ismailis’.
- He highlighted on societal problems like material development, schooling, interracial stability,
and optimism in faith.
- He invited the Nizari Ismailis settled at the industrialized world to donate towards the advancement of communities in the developing world through different growth applications.
- He founded ‘Nation Media Group’, a social networking firm, and has also been included in other business ventures like luxury resorts. He also owns and operates the greatest horse racing and breeding performance in France, along with other breeding/stud farms in Europe.
- He’s the founder and chairman of the ‘Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)’, among those biggest private development networks on earth. AKDN agencies function in the fields of both wellness, education, culture, rural development, institution-building as well as the promotion of financial progress, largely from the developing nations.
- He’s a top company magnate and possesses hundreds of racehorses, precious stud farms, an exclusive yacht center on Sardinia, a private island in the Bahamas, two Bombardier jets plus a $100millionhigh-speedd yacht, and many estates around the globe.
The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) based on him is among the biggest personal growth networks on earth. The system employs roughly 80,000 paid employees and functions in the fields of health, education, culture, rural development, institution-building as well as the marketing of economic growth, with particular attention on countries of the Third World.
Awards & Achievements:
- In 1977, he became the first Muslim to receive the honour of ‘Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic’.
- In 1984, he was given the ‘Thomas Jefferson Memorial Foundation Medal in Architecture at the University of Virginia.
- In 1996, he also received the prestigious ‘Hadrian Award’ from World Monuments Fund, United States.
- In 2005, he had been presented with the prestigious ‘Carnegie Medal for Philanthropy’
- Back in 2009, he had been named the ‘Philanthropic Entrepreneur of the Year’ by Le Nouvel Economiste Paris.
- In 2013, he had been given a ‘Gold Medal’ from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada.
- From 2009 to 2013, he had been included in the listing of ‘Among The 500 Most Influential Muslims in The planet’ from the ‘Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre’, ” Jordan.
- In 2015, he had been granted ‘Padma Vibhushan’, the next highest civilian award in the Republic of India.
- He’s been the recipient of numerous honorary degree from universities across the world Such as the ‘University of ‘ Toronto’, ‘University of Sankore’, ‘University of London,Harvard University’, and ‘University of Cambridge’.
- In 1969, he married a former British version Sarah Frances Croker-Poole, who assumed the name of ‘Begum Salimah Aga Khan’. They had three kids; one daughter, Princess Zahra Aga Khan, along with two sons, Prince Rahim Aga Khan and Prince Hussain Aga Khan.The couple stayed married for 25 Decades but they split in 1984 after he became participated multiple extra-marital affairs. Their union formally ended in 1995, following 11 Decades of separation.
- In 1998, he got married to Gabriele zu Leiningen, who assumed the name of ‘Begum Inaara Aga Khan’. The couple had a son, Prince Aly Muhammad Aga Khan, born in 2000. This union Also stopped because of his adultery. The couple filed for divorce That Was finalized after several Decades in 2014.