Barack Obama Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Barack Obama
|Nickname||Barry, No Drama Obama, Bam|
|Real Name||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Party||National Democratic Party|
|Biggest Rival||Donald Trump|
|Political Journey||â¢ In 1996, he was elected to Illinois Senate.
â¢ In 1998, he was re-elected to Illinois Senate.
â¢ In 2000, he lost the Democratic Primary race in the United States House of Representatives to Bobby Rush by a margin of 2 to 1.
â¢ In 2002, he was re-elected again to Illinois Senate.
â¢ Became the Chairman of Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee in January 2003.
â¢ Won Primary election in March 2004 with a landslide victory.
â¢ From 2005 to 2008, served as U.S. Senator from Illinois.
â¢ Announced his candidacy for US President on February 10, 2007.
â¢ On November 4, 2008, he won the presidency with 365 votes to 173 received by McCain and became the 1st African American President of the United States.
â¢ He announced his re-election campaign for the U.S. Presidency on April 4, 2011.
â¢ He won the presidency for the 2nd time on November 6, 2012 by winning 332 electoral votes.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 81 kg
in Pounds- 180 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6â 1â
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Age (as in 2017)||57 Years|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1961|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Address||5046 S Greenwood Avenue.
Chicago, IL 60615.
|Family||Father- Barack Obama Sr. (Economist)
Mother- Ann Dunham
and step father Lolo Soetoro
Brothers- Malik Abongo Obama (Half-brother),
Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo (younger half-brother),
Mark Okoth Obama
George Obama (half-brother), David Ndesandjo (half-brother)
Sisters- Auma Obama (older half-sister),
Maya Soetoro-Ng (younger half-sister)
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Political Science|
|College||University of Hawaii
Columbia College, Columbia University, New York City
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
|School||Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Besuki Public School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Punahou School, Honolulu, USA
|Controversies||â¢ A controversy was arose in 2009 when Obama said that riches should pay more taxes.
â¢ When an US ambassador and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya, Obama called it an "Act of Terror" and later called it an "Act of Terrorism" upon which he earned a lot of criticisms by the opposition and the media.
â¢ When Obama said that Health Care Reform Law known as "Obamacare" would not be applied to illegal immigrants, it became a piece of controversy.
â¢ Obama has been criticized for his policies in the Middle East, particularly Iraq and Syria.
â¢ In 2009, when he was awarded with Nobel Peace Prize, for most of the people it was like "bolt of the blue".
â¢ The claim that Obama was not born in the USA, resulted in a major controversy from 2008.
â¢ Obama was criticized for his support to the Government Surveillance for violating the privacy rights of American citizens.
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, watching television, playing scrabble and poker|
|Favorite Quote||Yes We Can|
|Favorite Politician||Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi|
|Favorite Film||Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Boyhood|
|Favorite Book||Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo|
|Favorite Food||Broccoli, burger, hot dogs|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Michelle Obama (married 1992)|
|Children||Daughter- Malia Ann Obama (Born: July 4, 1998), Natasha Obama (Born: June 10, 2001)|
|Net Worth||12.5 million USD|
- Can Barack Obama smoke? : No (Cease smoking in 2010)
- Can Barack Obama beverage alcohol? : Yes
- Obama’s parents met in a Russian Language course in 1960, In the University of Hawai’i.
- Obama’s dad died in a road accident when he was only 21 years of age.
- In his teens, Obama became a part of a group produced By his buddies called “Choom Gang” and sometimes smoked marijuana.
- Obama made his first public address in the Occidental College, Los Angeles in 1979.
- He traveled first time to Europe in mid-1988.
- In 1995, Obama released a memoir “Dreams in My Father”.
- For twelve Decades, he taught at the University of Chicago Law School from 1996 to 2004.
- He had been on of the first opponents of this George W. Bush Government’s 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Kenya has named a beer committing to Obama — “Senator Keg”.
- He’s pretty good at creating chili and stir-fry.
- Obama enjoys collecting comics. Spider-Man and Conan that the Barbarian are one of his favourite ones.
- After Obama was a chain-smoker however he stopped smoking in 2010 For his kids.
- Obama possesses a set of boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He won Grammy Awards two for Best Spoken Word Album: To begin with, in 2006, for “Dreams from My Father” and second, in 2008, for “The Audacity of Hope”.
- If he’d not have been in politics afterward he’d have Been a real architect.