Courtney Walsh Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some lesser known facts about Courtney Walsh
|Nickname||Cuddy, Mark, Duracell, Two C's (along with Curtly Ambrose)|
|Real Name||Courtney Andrew Walsh OJ|
|Profession||Former West Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 197 cm
in meters- 1.97 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 5½”
|Career Turning Point||In 1979 when he took 10 wickets in an innings in School Cricket.|
|International Debut||ODI- 10 January 1985 against Sri Lanka at Hobart
Test- 9 November 1984 against Australia at Perth
|Records (main ones)||• He became the highest wicket taker in Test Cricket, breaking the record of Kapil Dev's 434 wickets, later Sharne Warne broke this record.
• In 2001, he was the first bowler ever to reach 500 wicket mark in International Cricket.
• In Batting, he holds the record for most ducks in Test Cricket (43), he also holds the record of most number of not-outs in Test Cricket.
• He holds the record of bowling most balls (30,019) by any fast bowler in Test Cricket.
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Domestic/State Team||Gloucestershire County Cricket Club (Gloucestershire CCC)
Jamaica cricket team
|Favourite delivery||Not Known|
|Likes to play against||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2015)||53 Years|
|Date of Birth||30 October 1962|
|Birth Place||Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Molynes Road, in the Half Way Tree area of Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies.|
|Family||Father- Eric Walsh
Mother- Joan Wollaston
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Educational Qualifications||Higher Seconary|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Player||Pele (Football)|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
- Does Courtney Walsh Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Courtney Walsh drink liquor?: Not Known
- In December 1986 against Sri Lanka, Walsh took 5 wickets giving endlessly just 1 keep running in 2 overs. This was his lone five-wicket pull in an ODI.
- He had the batting normal of just 7 runs and most astounding score of 30 runs both in ODI and Test organize.
- He alongside Curtly Ambrose took 421 wickets from 49 Test matches, they are considered as the best consistently opening bowler accomplices ever. Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose
- He is considered as a player who played with a genuine respectable man soul. A case of which many individuals still recall is the point at which he had an opportunity to mankad (running out batsmen when non stricker’s end batsmen keeps running before bowler bowls) SaleemJaffar however he picked not to do as such (as it isn’t considered as in obvious sportsmanship) (Incident: Jaffar the non-striker’s end kept running before Walsh played his conveyance, Walsh ceased subsequent to running up and knocked down some pins again without mankadingJaffar) when Pakistan just required 2 hurries to meet all requirements for the Semi’s of 1987 World Cup, West Indies went ahead to lose that match yet Walsh won hearts of Cricket fans for that occurrence.
- He is viewed as the fittest quick bowler ever, he is known for giving his 100% in each match.
- His profession in International Cricket went on for a long time, which is thought about to a great degree useful for a quick bowler.
- He turned out to be more unsafe bowler with his expanding age, amid late 90’s, Walsh was considered as the most troublesome bowler to score runs.
- He claims an eatery named CuddyZ’ in Jamaica.
- Walsh never wedded, he has 3 youngsters from his sweetheart and he lives with his mom, he says he wanted to cook nourishment for her mom.