Lata Mangeshkar Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lata Mangeshkar
|Nickname||The Nightingale of Bollywood|
|Real Name||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Profession||Indian playback singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 63 kg
in Pounds- 139 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 1”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Music Teacher(s)||Deenanath Mangeshkar (father)
Ustad Amanat Ali Khan
Amanat Khan Devaswale
Pandit Tulsidas Sharma
|Age (as in 2017)||88 Years|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1929|
|Birth Place||Indore, Indore State, Central India Agency, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin - Lusiana, Italy)|
|Family||Father- Deenanath Mangeshkar
Mother- Shevanti Mangeshkar
Brother- Hridaynath Mangeshkar (younger)
Sisters- Usha Mangeshkar (younger), Asha Bhosle (younger), Meena khadikar (younger)
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|College||Bell Educational Trust's language school, Cambridge City, England|
|School||Attended a Catholic School in Orbassano, a town near Turin, Italy
|Debut||In 1997 when she joined the Indian National Congress as a Primary Member.|
|Hobbies||Watching Cricket, Riding Bicycles|
|Major Controversies||• At one point of time, differences arose between Lata Mangeshkar & Mohammad Rafi over the royalty issue as Lata wanted share in the music albums while Rafi advocated for the salary only.
• Differences also arose between Lata abd S. D. Burman and for 7 years they refused to work with each other.
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Actresse(s)||Nargis, Meena Kumari|
|Favourite Food||Spicy Foods, Coca Cola|
|Favourite Music Director(s)||Ghulam Haidar, Madan Mohan, Laxmikant Pyarelal, A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Dev Anand|
|Favourite Film||Kismet (1943), James Bond Films|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar
|Favourite Destination||Los Angeles|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bhupen Hazarika (Lyricist)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$12 million (as in 2016)|
- Does Lata Mangeshkar smoke?: No
- Does Lata Mangeshkar drink liquor?: No
- She was destined to a Marathi talking family-Deenanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti (Shubhamati) in the royal territory of Indore which was a piece of Central India Agency (now Madhya Pradesh).
- Her dad was a theater performer and established vocalist.
- Her mom, Shevanti, was Deenanath’s second spouse.
- Her dad, Deenanath, changed the surname of family from Hardikar to Mangeshkar as he needed to distinguish his family with their local town-Mangeshi in Goa.
- At the point when Lata was conceived, she was named Hema which her folks later renamed as Lata which was a female character Latika in one of her dad’s plays-BhaawBandhan.
- Her first Public execution was in 1938 at Nutan Theater, Sholapur where she sang Raag Khambavati and 2 Marathi tunes.
- Lata began filling in as a performing artist at 5 years old in her dad’s melodic plays-Sangeet Natak in Marathi.
- She went to class for just a single day. It is said that on the extremely first day of her school, she brought her more youthful sister, Asha, and began instructing music to different understudies and when educators interceded, she was furious to the point that she quit heading off to the school.
- When she was 13 years of age, her dad passed on of coronary illness in 1942 and after her dad’s demise, one of the dear companions of the Mangeshkar family-Master (Vinayak Damodar Karnataki) dealt with her family and helped her beginning a vocation as a performing artist and artist.
- She sang her first melody Naachu Yaa Gade, Khelu Saari Mani Haus Bhaari for the Marathi film-Kiti Hasaal in 1942, be that as it may, the tune was later dropped from the finished edition.
- She sang her presentation melody Natali Chaitraachi Navalaai for the Marathi film-Pahili Mangalaa-gaur in 1942.
- Her first Hindi melody was-Mata Ek Sapoot Ki Duniya Badal De Tu for the Marathi film-Gajaabhaau in 1943.
- Lata moved to Mumbai in 1945.
- She assumed a minor part alongside her sister Asha in Master Vinayak’s first Hindi film-Badi Maa (1945).
- At the point when Ghulam Haidar (music chief) acquainted Lata with maker Sashadhar Mukherjee who was making a movie Shaheed (1948), Mukherjee rejected Lata’s voice as “too thin” to this Haidar reacted “in coming years makers and executives would “fall at Lata’s feet” and “beseech her” to sing in their motion pictures.”
- Lata’s first leap forward hit melody was-Dil Mera Toda, Mujhe Kahin Ka Na Chhora from the film-Majboor (1948).
- In a meeting Lata Mangeshkar proclaimed that Ghulam Haidar was her actual Godfather who believed her ability. lata-mangeshkar-guide ghulam-haidar
- It is said that at first she imitated the acclaimed artist Noor Jehan, yet later she built up her own particular singing style.
- At the point when Dilip Kumar (performer) commented about her Maharashtrian highlight while singing Urdu/Hindi tunes, she took lessons in Urdu from a Urdu instructor Shafi.
- She turned out to be wide-mainstream after the melody Aayega Aanewala from the film Mahal (1949). The tune is viewed as one of the hardest tunes to sing in the music brotherhood and it is said that no one can sing this tune as flawlessly as Lata has sung.
- In 1956, her melody Rasik Balma from the motion picture Chori won Filmfare grant for the best tune. Since Filmfare Awards were presented in 1958 and furthermore there was no class for Playback Singers, she couldn’t get the honor and after her challenge the classification was incorporated into 1958.
- Lata won her first Filmfare Award for the Best Playback Singer for the tune Aaja Re Pardesi from the motion picture Madhumati (1958). She hoarded the Filmfare grants for the Best Playback Female Singer from 1958 to 1966 and it was ceased in 1969 just when she surrendered Filmfare grants in a strange signal to advance new gifts.
- She won her first National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for melodies in the film-Parichay (1972).
- She likewise holds the record for the most established champ (age 61) of National film Award in the class of Best Female Playback Singer for the motion picture Lekin (1990).
- She was given moderate toxic substance in the mid 1962 and after that she was confined to bed for very nearly 3 months.
- On 27 January 1963, Lata sang a devoted melody Aye Mere Watan Ke logo against the background of Sino-India war. The melody brought Jawaharlal Nehru (the then Prime Minister of India) to tears.
- Lata sang greatest number of melodies (712) for Music Director-Laxmikant Pyarelal .
- She made music for the first run through in 1955 for a Marathi film Ram Pavhana. smash slam pavhana
- She has likewise created 4 films-Vadai (Marathi 1953), Jhaanjhar (Hindi 1953), Kanchan (Hindi 1955) and Lekin (1990).
- In 2001, she was granted with India’s most noteworthy regular citizen grant Bharat Ratna. lata-mangeshkar-with-bharat-ratna
- Madhya Pradesh Government and Maharashtra Government has organized Lata Mangeshkar Award in 1984 and 1992 individually.
- She loathes make-up and lights.
- In a meeting she uncovered that gathering K L Saigal and singing for Dilip Kumar are her unfulfilled wants.
- She has sung more than 50000 melodies in 14 distinct dialects.
- Here’s a look at the goddess of Music