Manohar Parrikar Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manohar Parrikar
|Real Name||Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• Parrikar became a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) member at a young age and when he was in the final years of his schooling, he became a chief instructor for the organisation.
• He resumed RSS work in Goa and managed a private business after graduating from IIT Bombay. He then became a local director of the RSS at just 26.
• Manohar Parrikar was elected to Legislative Assembly of Goa in 1994.
• In October 2000, he became the Chief Minister of Goa for the first time but could not complete his 5 year tenure and was abrupted in February 2002.
• He was again elected to power in Goa in June 2002 and again the tenure shut down as four of the BJP MLAs resigned from the house.
• Parrikar was again sworn in as Goa Chief Minister in March 2012 but again had to resign from the post and had to move to Delhi in November 2014 as Prime Minister Narendra Modi named Parrikar the Defence Minister of India.
• In March 2017, Parrikar resigned as the Union Defence Minister and was sworn in as the 13th Chief Minister of Goa after the governor of the state called him to form government after some tricky results in the 2017 assembly elections.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Age (as in 2016)||61 Years|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1955|
|Birth Place||Mapuçá, Goa, Portuguese India (Now India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Family||Father- Gopalkrishna Parrikar
Mother- Radhabai Parrikar
Brother- Avdhut Parrikar
|Address||104, South Block, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Mapusa, Goa
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|School||Loyola High School, Margao
New Goa High School, Mapusa, Goa Poona Board
|Controversies||• Parrikar led government in 2001 turned 51 government schools in rural areas into Vidya Bharati, an educational wing of RSS, for which he was criticised by some educationists.
• He was widely criticised when a 37 member team flew to Austria, Germany and Italy to observe European waste management plants and practices. This trip was funded by the taxpayer's money and cost around INR 1 Crore.
• In 2014, he made headlines for approving a junket for 6 MLAs from the ruling side costing around INR 89 Lakh. It was to attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He gathered criticism by the opposition for not including any soccer expert in the delegation and wasting the public money.
|Debut||Parrikar was endorsed to BJP by RSS with the objective of fighting the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party. He was elected to the Member of Legislative Assembly of Goa in 1994.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi
|Wife||Late Medha Parrikar (died of cancer in 2001)|
|Children||Son- Abhijit Parrikar, Utpal Parrikar
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 3.0 Crore (as in 2014)|
- Does Manohar Parrikar smoke: Not Known
- Does Manohar Parrikar drink liquor: Not Known
- He turned into the main IITian to be sworn as Chief Minister of an Indian state. He was the clump mate of a significant Indian business person Nandan Nilekani.
- Parrikar saw his most exceedingly bad days before he was confirmed as Goa Chief Minister in 2000. His significant other couldn’t crush growth and crumbled a month prior to he was to take promise as a CM. He, notwithstanding, proceeded onward with the administration of the territory and child rearing his two children.
- Manohar Parrikar has faith in straightforwardness and has been seen riding a bike to the Goa Vidhan Sabha. He wants to movement by open transport.
- Amid his residency as the CM of Goa, he didn’t move to the greater house, the one assigned by the legislature, and favored living in his own home. He didn’t update his auto too.
- Without any charges of defilement to his name, he has been one of the cleanest clergymen India has ever had.
- Parrikar in 2009 called LK Advani a malodorous pickle and included that his period was finished, possibly a few years more. He additionally included that Advani should then coach the gathering and be accessible at whatever point we require him.
- In late 2014, he got the charge of Defense Minister in the Union Cabinet. With this, he turned into the principal lawmaker from Goa to get such a high rank in the focal government. He asserts he was shuddering on the primary day as a protection serve and didn’t know about the military positions preceding joining the post.
- Parrikar has constantly given straight forward and intense explanations with no dithering which some call cruel and some acclaim.
- Some time before anybody could detect the Modi wave the nation over, he sponsored him to be the BJP’s decision of Prime Minister in this way turning into the gathering’s first part to do as such.