Nitish Kumar Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nitish Kumar
|Nickname||Munna, Sushasan Babu|
|Real Name||Nitish Kumar|
|Party||Janata Dal (United)|
|Political Journey||1971: Became a member of Ram Manohar Lohiya's youth wing, Samajwadi Yuvajan Sabha
1974: Joined the JP movement, arrested under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act
1975: Arrested during the infamous Emergency
1985: Became the member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly
1989: Appointed as Secretary General of Janata Dal, Bihar. Elected as a Member of Parliament for the first time
1990: Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Cooperation
1999: Union Minister for Surface Transport
2000: Union Minister of Agriculture. He also became the Chief Minister of Bihar for the 1st time for only 8 days as he couldn't prove majority
2001: Union Minister for Railways
2005: Sworn in as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the 2nd time with BJP's support
2010: Sworn in as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the 3rd time.
2014: Broke up with the long time partner BJP, after which his party was defeated badly in Lok Sabha elections and he resigned as CM.
2015: Sworn in as the Chief Minister for the 4th time. The same year he was sworn in as the Chief minister of Bihar for the 5th time and the government was, in fact, a coalition government, which was popularly termed as Mahagathbandhan that includes Rashtriya Janata Dal, Indian National Congress, and Janata Dal (United)
2017: Broke up with the Mahagathbandhan and sworn in as Chief Minister on 27 July 2015 for a record 6th time with BJP's support
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Date of Birth||1 March 1951|
|Birth Place||Bakhtiarpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Caste||Scheduled Tribe (ST - Kurmi)|
|Family||Father- Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh (Ayurvedist)
Mother- Parmeshwari Devi
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||1 Aney Marg, Patna, Bihar (as Chief Minister of Bihar)
Village - Hakikatpur, PO - Bakhtiarpur, District - Patna, Bihar (permanent address)
|Hometown||Bakhtiarpur, Bihar, India|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering|
|College||Bihar College of Engineering, Patna|
|School||Shree Ganesh High School, Bakhtiarpur
Patna Science College, Patna
|Controversies||• He broke his alliance with BJP before 2014 general elections after Narendra Modi was chosen as the NDA's Prime Minister candidate.
• His alliance with his long time opposition RJD of Lalu Prasad Yadav and Congress in 2015 Bihar elections was highly criticized.
• He landed in a controversy after a video of him meeting a "tantrik" went viral during 2015 Bihar elections.
• After he sacked his Excise Minister Jamshed Ashraf in 2010, Ashraf alleged him in a scandal involving evasion of taxes on liquor that has led to revenue losses worth 500 crores (INR).
• Appointing and removing of Bihar's CM, Jitan Ram Manjhi created a lot of fire.
• Broke the alliance with RJD and INC and with in 24 hrs he formed the government in Bihar with the support of BJP and NDA.
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Politician||Jaiprakash Narayan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Late Manju Kumari Sinha (Teacher - m.1973-till her death in 2007)|
Son- Nishant Kumar
|Net Worth (as in 2014)||2 Crore (INR)|
|Salary (per month)||8 Lakh (INR)+ Other allowances|
- Does Nitish Kumar smoke?: No
- Does Nitish Kumar drink liquor?: Not Known
- Before legislative issues, he worked in Bihar State Electricity Board for quite a while.
- In his more youthful days, he was profoundly affected by Jayaprakash Narayan, Ram Manohar Lohia, Karpoori Thakur, S N Sinha and V.P. Singh.
- From 1974 to 1977, he was a piece of the JP Movement. JP Movement in 1970s
- In 1985, he was first chosen to the Bihar Legislative Assembly as an autonomous applicant.
- There are 2 life stories composed on him: “Single Man: The Life And Times of Nitish Kumar of Bihar” by Sankarshan Thakur and “Nitish Kumar and The Rise of Bihar” by Arun Sinha.
- His exclusive child, Nishant is an alum from Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra.
- His work as the Union pastor for railroads from 1998 to 2004 was exceptionally refreshing as he enhanced the state of the railroads amid his residency.
- His child, Nishant is 3 times wealthier than him.
- He got grants like “Business Reformer of the Year” and “The Best Politician of the Year.”
- His dad, Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh was an opportunity warrior in the battle for India’s freedom.
- His dad left the Indian National Congress (INC) and joined the Janata Party since he wasn’t given a gathering ticket to challenge when all is said in done decisions of 1952.
- He presented the “Jankari Scheme”, the electronic rendition of the RTI Act in Bihar.
- On 26 July 2017, he surrendered as the Chief Minister of Bihar subsequent to breaking the partnership with RJD and INC.
- On 27 July 2017, less than 24 hours subsequent to leaving from the post of the Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar confirmed as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the sixth time after with the help of the BJP and the NDA.