Pranab Mukherjee Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pranab Mukherjee
|Nickname||Poltu, Pranab Da|
|Real Name||Pranab Kumar Mukherjee|
|Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• Mukherjee's political career started in 1969, when he campaigned in Midnapore by-election of an independent candidate V. K. Krishna Menon. Then Prime Minister of India Mrs Indira Gandhi engaged him to her party, "The Indian National Congress". He became the member of the Rajya Sabha in 1969.
• Pranab was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha in 1975, 1981, 1993 and 1999.
• He was Leader of house in the Rajya Sabha from 1980 to 1985.
• Mukherjee was elected to Lok Sabha 2004, 2009 upto July 2012.
• He was leader of Lok Sabha from 2004 to June 2012.
• Mukherjee assumed the office of the President of India on 25 July 2012.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 155 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Age (as in 2016)||81 Years|
|Date of Birth||11 December 1935|
|Birth Place||Mirati, British Bengal, British India|
|Family||Father- Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee
Mother- Rajlakshmi Mukherjee
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Annapurna Banerjee,
|Address||Rashtrapati Bhavan New Delhi.|
|Hometown||Mirati, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualifications||L.L.B and M.A in Political Science and in History as well, all from University of Calcutta
|College||Suri Vidyasagar College in Suri (Birbhum)
University of Calcutta
|Hobbies||Reading, Gardening and Music|
|Debut||In 1969 when he was elected to Rajya sabha from Midnapore.|
|Controversies||• Mukherjee was cabinet minister in Indira Gandhi’s Cabinet during the Emergency and was held personally responsible for some of the excesses.
• When he was the finance Minster of India, he helped the Reliance Industries against Bombay dyeing through differential taxation by influencing the Income Tax Department in textile industry.
|Favourite Politician||Deng Xiaoping|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Late Suvra Mukherjee|
Sons- Abhijit Mukherjee
|Net Worth (approx.)||3 Crore Indian Rupee|
|Salary||2 Lakh Rupee per month ($2200 per month)|
- Does Pranab Mukherjee smoke?: No (however used to smoke in 1950s)
- Does Pranab Mukherjee drink Alcohol?: No
- Mukherjee was conceived in a Bengali Brahmin family in the Birbhum region of Bengal territory (now in West Bengal).
- His Father, Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee was opportunity contender in Indian Independence Movement and had been an individual from West Bengal Legislative Council in the vicinity of 1952 and 1964 from Indian National Congress.
- Mukherjee was teacher of Political Science in Vidyanagar College, West Bengal in 1963.
- He has functioned as Upper-division Clerk in the Office of the Deputy Accountant-General (Post and Telegraph) in Calcutta.
- He functioned as Journalist additionally with a nearby Bengali daily paper, named Desher Dak.
- Mukherjee bounced into legislative issues in 1969, when he battled effectively in Midnapore by-decision for a free applicant V. K. Krishna Menon.
- Mukherjee soon came into cognisance of then Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi and she selected him to her gathering Indian National Congress. Pranab Mukhrerjee with Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi
- Mukherjee turned into the individual from Rajya Sabha ‘Upper place of Parliament’ in 1969 out of the blue, and was re-chosen to the house in 1975, 1981, 1993, and 1999.
- He is said to be most adaptable clergyman of India who have dealt with the arrangement of four urgent services protection, business, outside and fund.
- In 1984, he was voted the Best Finance Minister in the World by Euromoney magazine. He is just Finance Minister to have spoken to seven spending plan in the Parliament.
- In 1986, Mukherjee established another gathering the Rashtriya Samajwadi Congress (RSC), in West Bengal, which later converged in INC (Indian National Congress).
- He has been composing a journal for a long time about his life which will be distributed after death.
- In President Election, Mukherjee got 713,763 votes, while Sangma had 315,987 and he turned into the primary Bengali to hold this lofty post.
- Pranab Mukherjee was confirmed by boss Justice of India as thirteenth President of India on 25 July 2012. Pranab Mukherjee taking promise as thirteenth President of India
- Previous Communist pioneer Somnath Chatterjee named Mukherjee as one of “the best parliamentarians and statesmen of India” and said “the nation has the most capable man for the best occupation”.
- Having been President, he dismissed the seven benevolence petitions consolidating that of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab.