Varun Gandhi Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Varun Gandhi
|Real Name||Varun Gandhi|
|Political Journey||• For the first time, Varun Gandhi was introduced to politics by his mother during the 1999 election campaigning.
• In 2004, he joined BJP along with his mother Maneka Gandhi.
• In 2009 General Election, Varun fought the election for Lok Sabha from the Pilibhit constituency. Varun won the seat by receiving 419,539 votes and defeated his nearest contending candidate, V.M. Singh, by a margin of 281,501 votes.
• In 2013, the then BJP head Rajnath Singh appointed him as the national general secretary of the BJP. He became the youngest ever general secretary of the party.
• In 2014 General Election, Varun defeated Amita Singh from Sultanpur.
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Date of Birth||13 March 1980|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Family|| Great-grandfather- Jawaharlal Nehru
Grandfather- Feroze Gandhi
Grandmother- Indira Gandhi
Father- Sanjay Gandhi
Mother- Maneka Gandhi
Varun with his mother Maneka Gandhi
Uncle- Rajiv Gandhi
Aunty- Sonia Gandhi
Cousins- Rahul Gandhi,
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Economics and Politics|
|College||SOAS, University of London, London School of Economics and Political Science|
|School||Rishi Valley School, Modern School C.P. New Delhi and the British School, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Writing Blogs and Poems|
|Major Controversies||• During his election campaign in 2009 General Election, Varun delivered a hate speech against Muslim, for this, he was apprehended but acquitted later.
• In 2013 he was detained again for his hate speech, but again he was acquitted.
• In October 2016, Varun Gandhi was at the center of controversy over allegations that he had leaked defense secrets to middleman Abhishek Verma and arms manufacturers after getting "honeytrapped", a charge he stoutly denied.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife|| Yamini Roy Chowdhury
Varun with his wife Yamini
Daughter- Anasuyaa Gandhi
|Net Worth (approx.)||25 Crore INR|
- Does Varun Gandhi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Varun Gandhi drink liquor?: Not Known
- Varun Gandhi is an individual from Nehru-Gandhi Family.
- He is the grandson of Indira Gandhi, previous Prime Minister of India and the considerable grandson of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
- At the point when Varun Gandhi was 3 months old, his dad Sanjay Gandhi kicked the bucket in a plane crash.
- In 2009 General Election, Varun Gandhi battled in the Election out of the blue and crushed V.M. Singh, by the edge of 281,501 votes. This was the biggest Victory by edge in Gandhi Family.
- In 2011, Gandhi firmly pitched for the Jan Lokpal Bill. Gandhi offered his official living arrangement to Anna Hazare to hold his quick after Hazare was denied authorization by the administration. Anna Hazare
- In 2015, Gandhi promised that he would give his whole MP compensation to the groups of those ranchers who had been compelled to end their lives because of the agrarian emergency.
- Varun Gandhi is a capable essayist too. He has composed for some magazines in India, for example, The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, The Asian Age, Outlook among others.
- He is a decent writer as well. When he was 20, Gandhi composed his first volume of lyrics, titled The Otherness of Self, in 2000. His second volume of ballads, titled Stillness was distributed by HarperCollins in April 2015. The book broke deals records and turned into the top rated genuine book, in the initial two days of its discharge, more than 10,000 duplicates were sold.