Virat Kohli Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Virat Kohli
|Nickname||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Real Name||Virat Kohli|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer CAPTAIN|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)
|Records (main ones)||First Indian to score a century on World Cup debut (2011).
• Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
• Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
• Fastest century by an Indian (of 52 balls against Australia at Jaipur, India in 2013).
• Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
• Fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
• Third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
• Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with the like of Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke.
• First Indian skipper to register 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
• First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test series wins.
• First Indian to aggregate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year after Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs in 2011.
• The highest score of 235 in Tests is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
• First Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
• Most runs in IPL in a single season (973 runs in IPL 9-2016).
• Most hundreds in IPL in a year (4).
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India's victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
|International Debut||ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 - 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Family|| Father- Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)
Virat Kohli childhood photo with his father
Mother- Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Virat Kohli with his mother
Sister- Bhavna Kohli (Elder)
Virat Kohli with his sister
Brother- Vikas Kohli (Elder)
|Educational Qualifications||12th standard|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Coach/Mentor||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Address||DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram|
|Hobbies||Workout, travelling, singing, dancing|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- Watching Roger Federer playing, watching old cricket videos, he likes Soccer and Tennis beside Cricket, Loves to drive, crazy for sushi (food), meeting old friends
Dislikes- Too many guests at home, sitting idle for long time
|Controversies||• In 2011, Kohli on his first tour to Australia, showed his middle finger to the Sydney crowd after they abused him when he was fielding the boundary at the boundary line during the second Test.|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs
Bowler : Shane Warne
|Favourite Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots
Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
|Favourite Actors||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favourite Food||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Favourite Cricket Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Favourite Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Favourite TV Shows||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favourite Musicians||Asrar, Eminem|
|Favourite Car||Aston Martin|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends|| Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour)
Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour)
Virat Kohli & Sanjana
Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour)
Virat Kohli with Tamannaah Bhatia posing for an ad
Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour)
Virat Kohli with Izabelle Leite
Anushka Sharma (Actress)
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Salary (as in 2017)||RETAINER FEE: 2 crore (INR)
TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)
ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)
T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
|Net Worth||500 Crore (INR)|
- Can ViratKohli smoke? : Not known
- Can ViratKohli beverage alcohol? : Yes
- Since age 3, Virat was curious towards cricket. ViratKohli youth photo
- After he was 91/2 years old, his dad took him to Raj Kumar Sharma’s West Delhi Cricket Academy. ViratKohli with his mentor Raj Kumar Sharma
- In 2003, his trainer Raj Kumar Sharma had encouraged AshishNehra Into his academy, where he given youthful Kohli because he had been the maximum run-scorer for Delhi at the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Trophy, with 172 runs in a mean of 34.40. ViratKohli with AshishNehra then and today
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was awarded by his own Delhi State trainer AjitChaudhary in his youth days.
- His favorite subject was ‘History’, and he was able to despise ‘Maths.’
- In 2006, his dad died of a brain stroke, however the really Next day following his father’s passing, he played with a match-saving knock for Delhi against Karnataka, where he scored 90 runs.
- He never needed any backup plan for his future because he constantly Wanted to become a cricketer.
- He’s got a range of superstitions. He wears black Wristbands, without needing to put on his ‘Kada’ ahead of his games.
- He’s fearful of heights.
- He does not want to have long traffic on the mobile phone.
- He always wears black wristbands for superstitious reasons.
- He’s a Really competitive and an emotional individual, He yells when he gets angry. He had been seen crying on the field if India did not meet the requirements for its semi-finals in 2012’s T20 Globe cup.
- He even won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award in 2012.
- In 2012, he had been called among the 10 finest dressed Global guys.
- He had been awarded the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) from the Government of India. ViratKohli Padma Shri Award
- The Identical year, he had been appointed the initial brand ambassador of Border Security Force (BSF). ViratKohli as BSF ambassador
- He’s a massive fan of Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. He’s In addition, the co-owner of this ‘UAE Royals’ Global Premier Tennis League team. ViratKohli using Roger Federer
- He loves tattoos and his count of tattoos retains on increasing. The very first on his left shoulder is ‘God’s eye’ that is a sign of the ability of understanding and seeing that which is unknown and unknowable. Secondly on his left shoulder is ‘Japanese Samurai warrior’ that is a sign of living that the life based on devotion to your master, self-discipline and respectful, and moral behavior. Third on his left arm is a ‘Monastery’ that is a sign of a place of calmness and power. Fourth on his left arm is ‘Lord Shiva in meditation together with Mount Kailash and Mansarovarlake.’ Fifth on his left forearm is a ‘Scorpion’ that is his Zodiac sign. ViratKohli tattoos
- He owns a restaurant in Delhi known as ‘ Nueva.’ ViratKohli restaurant Nueva
He’s a truly determined sportsperson, Who’s not Only concentrated towards his cricketing abilities but also towards fitness, for which He’s idolised by most. Click here to see ViratKohli’s fitness secret